IMPORTANT: Rules may change without notice, please review as frequently as necessary.
A.Standard Match Format
- Teams will assemble at the “RPL 1” (#9Q9VQPU) or “RPL 2″(#QCJRYVY) clan as indicated, according to the time slot pre-arranged by the RPL organizers.
- Each war takes 40-45 minutes and consists of at least five players from each team. Each match will consist of three periods/sets, each set will consist of five games.
- Period 1 = Start with at least five players (including up to a maximum of ten subs) who play one game each
- Period 2 = Loser of Period 1 gets to globally ban one card which will persist throughout all subsequent matches.
- If the loser would prefer not to ban a card and allow the match to remain free play they may do so at their discretion.
- Period 3 = Loser of Period 2 gets to globally ban a second card. The ban from the second set will persist.
- If the loser would prefer not to ban a card and allow the match to remain free play they may do so at their discretion.
- Winner of two Periods wins the match
- The team representative or any authorized teammate is required to submit the player roster and the player sequence via Discord direct message to your match administrator or an administrator representative (if in doubt who this is please ask).
- Any game tied at the conclusions of overtime will be replayed once. If the game is tied a second time, the player with higher tower health total will be declared the winner.
- All five players must be present on “war day”. Player may leave the designated RPL clan as soon as their match is done. Player may also remain in the designated RPL clan until the match is concluded in order to spectate.
- Any unfulfilled/incomplete game will be deemed as a loss/forfeit.
- There will be moderators in the RPL clans to ensure the war proceeds smoothly and fairly. Please follow their instructions at all times.
B.RPL Pre-qualifier Match Format
Pre-qualifier stage is added in order to process more teams participating in RPL. During this stage, an in-game tournament will be used to evaluate teams’ players’ aggregate skill level.
- Each team will register five players (including their player tag) to represent their team, these five players will be randomly distributed into five different tournaments that happen simultaneously.
- For each tournament, participants will be divided into several groups. Each group will have 15 minutes to join our pre-qualifier clan at an appointed time slot. Then, they must join the tournament before the time slot ends. All participants will be kicked out of the clan once the time limit reaches. If any participant miss their time slot, inform RPL admin via Discord. They will let you know what’s the next time slot for you to join the clan.
- Any player fails to join the tournament before it starts places themselves at a disadvantage.
- Each participant will be given a randomly generated password as their Request to Join Clan message to enter the clan. Passwords will be sent to the team captain and then given out to the participating players representing their respective teams. Here is a request example below:
- Each player will be given a score according to their placement in the tournament respectively. Example: In the five tournaments a team with their players finished in 1, 5, 9, 10, 15 position, their cumulative team score is 40. THE LOWER YOUR CUMULATIVE SCORE IS, THE BETTER.
- 32 teams with the lowest overall team score will advance to the Qualifier stage of RPL.
C.RPL Qualifier Match Format
Basic match structure will run largely the same as the standard match format described above, but has been modified to accommodate more teams for the qualifiers while also minimizing match duration.
- Teams need to submit their roster for the match to an appointed RPL admin at least 20 minutes before the match.
- All games in a period will take place simultaneously i.e. the five home team players will request to friendly battle and then five away team players will accept.
- Please note that all five matches must be requested for and accepted at the same time and, on a related note, no one player may play more than one game in a period.
- The team winning three games in the five will be declared the winner of that period.
- The loser will be given 60 seconds to choose whether to globally ban a card or maintain free play.
- There will only be a 60 second break in between each period to change decks and discuss potential tactics/strategies with your team outside of the in-game chat.
- Chat should be kept clear to ensure match administrator messages are not missed.
- The team winning two periods will be declared the match winner.
D1.Pre-qualifiers and Qualifiers –
- The top 32 teams in the pre-qualifiers will advance to the Qualifiers.
- Each team will need to register up to 15 players before the Qualifiers begin, they are free to change their roster until it is locked on the fifth week. However, teams can remove any player from their rosters at any time.
- The tournament will begin with Pre-qualifiers for new teams to try to get into the Qualifiers, then there will be 4 Bracket Groups in Qualifier played under the double-elimination structure.
- Two teams from each Bracket Group will receive a spot in the Top 16. There are eight spots up for grab, the remaining eight spots are filled by playoff teams (Elite 8) from the previous season.
- In each Bracket Groups, there will be 2 brackets, the Winners Bracket and the Losers Bracket. All teams will begin in the Winners bracket.
- Losing in Winners Bracket at any point will relegate the clan to the Losers Bracket, giving them a second chance to fight for a spot.
- The winner of the Winners Bracket and the Losers Bracket will each receive a spot to in the Top 16.
D2.Top 16 – Regular Season –
- There are 2 Groups. In each Group, there will be 8 teams, 4 from the previous season and 4 from the Qualifiers, all randomized.
- Each team will have to play teams from the same Group once in the Regular Season.
- Transfer Deadline: After the last match in Week 4.
- Teams are allowed to make up to five (5) changes to their roster at anytime before the Transfer Deadline.
- The placement will be decided by the number of wins of the team.
- If two or more teams are tied with the same number of wins, the first tiebreaker will be the head-to-head matchup.
- Second tiebreaker is based on Points Difference.
- Points Difference Example #1: Team A won against Team B 3-0, 3-2. Team A accrued 4 points, Team B accrued -4 points. Example #2: Team A won against Team B 3-2, 0-3, 3-2. Team A accrued -1 point, Team B accrued 1 point.
- At the end of the Top 16 – Regular Season, the top 6 teams from each Group will move on to the Playoffs.
- The Top 4* teams from each Group will automatically qualify for next season’s Top 16 – Regular Season
- If any of the fifth or sixth placing team is crowned as the Regional Champions, they will automatically qualify for the next season’s Top 16 – Regular Season, replacing the fourth placing team in their Group.
* Fourth placing teams are not guaranteed a spot for next season. Refer to D.2.11
- The Playoff is in double-elimination format with 12 teams.
- The match-up will be seeded based on the team’s final position in the previous stage, Top 16 – Regular Season.
- Top four teams from each Group will be seeded into the Winner’s Bracket, fifth and sixth place teams will be seeded into Losers Bracket.
- Losing in Winners Bracket at any point will relegate the team to the Losers Bracket. Granting the team second chance in the playoffs.
- In case of Winners Bracket winner loses to Losers Bracket winner, they will play an additional match, granting the Winners Bracket winner second chance.
- The winner will be crowned as the Regional Champions, and will advance to the RPL World Championship. The runner-up will play a round-robin with the runner-ups from other 2 regions for the 4th spot in the World Championship. (Subject to change)
- The Regional Champions will receive a prize of USD 150. (Subject to change/increase)
D4.RPL World Championship –
- The winner of RPL Americas, RPL Europa and RPL APAC will qualify for the RPL World Championship automatically.
- The runner-up will play a round-robin with the runner-ups from other 2 regions for the 4th spot in the World Championship. (Subject to change)
- 4 teams will be playing in a Single-elimination bracket.
- The winner will be declared as the RPL World Champions, and will receive the a prize of USD600 . The runner-up will receive USD100. (Subjects to change)
- Intentionally disrupting the match (EX. repeatedly chatting after match has begun, utilizing in-game chat for trash talk etc.) will result in forfeiting the war. Repeat offenders will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Surgical Goblin Rule: Wasting valuable Administrator time by intentionally extending the game when one player clearly has a means to end it will result in punishment fitting the crime, typically a suspension of length determined by RPL Management. Repeat offenders may be suspended for the rest of the season or even permanently banned from RPL.
- All registered participants are encouraged to join the designated RPL clan at least 15 minutes before their match starts.
- Players who cannot participate in their match need to be substituted. If no substitute is available, the team has to proceed with the match and forfeit the games involving the missing participant.
- The RPL Admin must be informed of any last minute substitutions.
- No substitution can be made during a period.
- Substitutions are allowed in between periods.
- Only Team Captains are allowed to invite participating players into RPL clan.
- Only Team Captains and RPL Admins are allowed to use the in-game chat. Any participant found sending messages, requesting troops or unauthorized battle requests will receiving a warning for first offense, followed by forfeiting their match, followed by banned for 1 match, followed by banned for 3 match, followed by permanently banned from ALL RPL related tournaments.
- Player’s Eligibility: A player can only represent one team, one region, per season. For example, if Player A played under Clan XYZ in any of the match, Player A will be ineligible to play for any other team during that same season. Player A will also be ineligible to play for the same team in other regions. In other words, once a player have a played in a team and a region, they are team locked and region locked for the rest of the season. Use of an ineligible player will result in that player being banned for a period determined by the RPL management team and a loss of that game (if discovered before the end of the match) or the entire match (if discovered after the end of the match) for the team the ineligible player represents.
- The purpose of this rule is to prevent bandwagon-ing, especially as the season progresses as teams are eliminated and to emphasis the team aspect. If one player represents several teams this easily leads to a degradation of overall RPL integrity.
- Star Wars Rule: Carrying a banned card in a deck, but never using it throughout the entire game is not considered to breach a ban and will not result in forfeiture of that game by the carrier.
E2.Further Rules & Reading
- A single player (including any affiliated accounts they have access to) may only play in RPL Americas, RPL Europa or RPL APAC. The purpose of this is to encourage timezone consistency and fairness for all.
- Any players caught violating this rule will be banned from RPL Americas, RPL APAC and RPL Europa, while their team will vacate any wins and be disqualified from further competition in either RPL.
- Be careful not to accidentally join a game you aren’t supposed to. If the request is correctly formatted and you accidentally join it anyway, you may not be able to contest the game and it may count despite the mistake – in other words, make sure to only join the correct games. Joining an incorrect game by mistake does not allow you to try that game again.
- The first offense will result in forfeiting the game and the second offense will result in forfeiting the match.
- Always wait for the RPL admin to let you know to proceed with any RPL games. Don’t start without the RPL admin’s note, since the RPL admin needs to spectate the games.
- In general, be classy. Sportsmanship is a hallmark of fair competition, and karma eventually catches up with those who behave poorly. Keep taunting to minimum during matches and be respectful. It’s best to have a clean competition where only skill determines the winner. If you are discovered to be intentionally harassing another participant or trolling the general process, you and/or your team may be disqualified.
- Team no-shows will result in forfeiting the match. Player no-shows and not replaced will result in forfeiting that player’s game(s).
- Spectators are not permitted inside the designated RPL clans– only the participants and Team Captain(s) may join. Feel free to direct those who wish to watch to our affiliated streamers.
- Substitutes may stay inside the RPL clan until the missing players arrive. Potential subs (for players that are not missing) may be asked to leave.
- After match:
- Please leave the RPL clan so that the next matches can take place.
- Be graceful. Win or lose, always be respectful and appreciate your opponent’s efforts.
Account sharing activities will be deemed as ban-able offense, any official complaint will be investigated. Doing so will result in the entire team being banned from RPL.
7th & 8th placing teams in their respective Groups in Top 16 – Regular Season will be eliminated at the end of the season. 5th & 6th placing teams are eliminated as well if they don’t win the Regional Championship. If any of the 5th & 6th placing teams wins the Regional Championship, the 4th placing team in the same Group will be eliminated instead. Eliminated teams are required to go register for the next season’s Qualifiers round.
Participating teams and players acknowledges that he/she has read and hereby agrees to the rules and regulations of Royale Premier League as listed herein.
- Each Team is to register at least five players.
- Each Team is only allowed to register once per region.
- Each Organization/Clan family is allowed to register any number of teams in all our leagues, however, priority will be given to the main team from each organization in any case of over-subscription, RPL management have the rights to reject organization’s reserve teams.
- Each player can only represent one Team in each season.
- Each player can only play in one region in each season.
- Registration will be done via Google Form and it will be announced via Twitter and Discord. Please follow https://twitter.com/weareRPL/ and/or join us on Discord https://discord.gg/rpl/
Q1: I’m a streamer/YouTuber/content creator. May I post content from this tournament on my channel?
A1: We are always open to the application from creative people, you may want to join our discord server: https://discord.gg/rpl/ and contact people with @Management role.
Q2: The rule book on this page does not solve my problems/answer my questions, where or who should I ask to clarify my confusion?
A2: You are welcomed to contact our support team. Join our discord server: https://discord.gg/rpl/, and our support team will try their best to answer all your questions.
For any other inquiry, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org